Post by reliantscimitar on Feb 13, 2017 16:19:14 GMT
Didn't get much done over the weekend.
Its was just too cold and i'm still getting over a bout of walking pneumonia, Of to the costa del sol at the end of the week so trying to get it finished by Friday.
Have finished and tested the gas system and it now ok. Previous builder had used the wrong olives and packed them with ptfe to try and get them to seal.
Had an hour tidying up the leisure battery area, fuse box and wiring earlier. Have made a lid / cover for the leisure battery, just got to mount it now. I have also had the water heater running after giving it a good clean out. The burner was full of cob webs and spider eggs and the whole assembly was looking the worse for wear.
Picked up a strip of blue leds over the weekend and will maybe mount them hidden above the main worktop.
Finally gave the van a wash,first time since November and she was filthy. She's come up nice and clean. Thought it was best as she's going in for mot later this week.
She should pass but i have never been completely happy with the brakes. They work really well but always feel a bit soft when driving even though the pedal is rock solid when stood with the engine off. She's fitted with abs and emergency brake assist so maybe its this that's throwing me.
I have got to go over to Rotherham to collect some more wall board tomorrow as I need another sheet of cherry to finish this van and a hew sheets of dark ash for the Bongo i'm converting.
Will hopefully get some more pics tomorrow as she's really starting to come together now.
Post by reliantscimitar on Feb 15, 2017 16:18:56 GMT
As I had a few mins after the mot I did a few more jobs.
The area under the front cupboard needed finishing so made up a ply panel and lined it with carpet. Had to carpet some of the plastic panel as well as I couldn't get the area above the sliding door channel to look right.Anyways its done and fitted and looks good. I have left a channel behind this trim so I can fit a strip of leds.
I have made and fitted the from to support the rooflight. I wanted a good fit as it needs to support the roof lining as well so the frame is quite heavy.The sides also needed cutting in about 10 degrees to match the stiffeners on the van roof.
Have also taken a pic of my finished cutlery drawer.
Hopefully the rooflight will arrive tomorrow so I can get it and the roof lining finished.
Just one more door to finish and hang tomorrow and all the major work is done.
Still to do is fit a mixer tap when it arrives,finalise and make the sliding part of the bed,fit the black sparkly flooring and one or two bits to line with carpet.
Boiled the kettle and ran the fridge today. Need to get her away for a trip to test properly though.
Post by reliantscimitar on Feb 17, 2017 12:36:38 GMT
Got a few more bits done on the camper.
Fitted a new mixer tap to the sink. Finally finished the door for the kitchen unit and got it mounted so that's the kitchen area finished.
Made the panel and door to finish of the under seat / bed storage area. Not fitted yet though as I need the modify the frame as there's currently a support right in the middle of where the door will be.
No problem sorting it though.
Went for a sneaky hours fishing in her this morning, ran the fridge and hot water and had a cup of tea. Really happy with how she's coming along.
Off to the sunny costa del sol for a week in the morning so won't get anything done for a while.
Post by reliantscimitar on Feb 28, 2017 17:03:25 GMT
Spent the afternoon cutting the hole for the roof vent. It was a bit of a curse word as the roofs not flat and the jigsaw blades kept snapping.
Finally got it cut out though and then made all the hardwood spacers needed to make the roof level, These have been bonded in with polyurethane adhesive so I should be able to fit the vent tomorrow and then make and fit the roof lining.
The roof lining will be made in three pieces, a front middle and rear.
Have booked a campsite near a good pub and good fishing for Sat night for its first night away. Can't wait to try it out.
Post by reliantscimitar on Mar 14, 2017 17:08:35 GMT
I spent yesterday rebuilding the water heater and what a pain that was. I put it all back together and pressure tested it and it was fine.
Re-filled the water tank with 20 gallons of fresh water and bled the system up. I then popped down the street for a chat with a neighbour.
After about 15 mins we noticed quite a torrent of water running down the gutter and it seemed to be coming from my drive!
Ran back up the street to find the water pump going for all it was worth,an empty water tank and a camper full of water. I like to add a few extras but there's not much call for a swimming pool. Have had water running out of everywhere today,sills,chassis the lot.
Anyways she's now just about dry and as I build with external grade ply there's no damage done.
Finished the bed earlier and the mounts for the table so apart from a wash she's ready to go to her new owner.
Have got a couple of other projects before starting the next full conversion.