Amazing stuff! Hope the drag race went well, shame you had problems on the airstrip run, would have been good to see how she performs! What material is the rear engine cover made from? And the firewall- is that the honeycombe stuff that they use in aircraft, like James(theMadProffessor) used on his supercharged imp project?
i'm not exactly sure of the details (i've forgotten!) but it's good stuff.
video of testing in a safe environment, at a secondary airstrip of Mahovljani airfield near Banja Luka. the front clutch was severly slipping and the rear throttle wasn't opening fully, so measurements were unsuccessful .
205 Mi32 :: video #007 :: Mahovljani airfield testing with G-Tech Pro
new folder created - 2007 Race Season Events - self-explanatory really .
the first event story in there is:
402 Street Race - Mostar (BIH) - 28/Apr/07
1st round of qualifications: against friend's 405 Mi16, the 205 Mi32 ran 14.13 secs (including reaction time) with quite a bit of potential left, which qualified us for the 14 secs class, which was what we wanted.
2nd round of qualifications: lined up against a 282 n/a bhp Civic. setting off on red-light so we'd get an ET for a full throttle run without reaction time, but still stay in the 14 secs class. The result was 13.42 secs - pretty much what we had been expecting a year ago when we started the project.
1st round of race: against a mk1 Golf VR6 with NOS - my father messed up a gearchange into 2nd gear, but still gave the golf a run for his money and made him break into 13 secs class while we continued competing in the 14 secs class.
2nd round of race: against a very fast mk1 Golf with an unknown engine - my father wasn't lined up properly and thus triggered the red light with the smallest of car movement, before he actually got to start. we placed an appeal but in the end they didn't make a re-run so that was the end... pretty crap way to end it but that's life .
anyway, all-in-all, we're sattisfied with the result, seeing it was only a single try and we actually still had a little bit of problems with front clutch slipping and rear throttle not opening fully, which together with a few tweaks should see the car run very low 13's (without reaction time) on the next race!
you can see the full picture story (with 40 pics) on THIS PAGE.
and here's the story about the 2nd event of the season:
402 Street Race - Belgrade (SRB) - 12-13/May/07
- in the 1st round of qualifications, we were lined up with Honda Civic and then in the 2nd round we ran against an BMW E30 with an M5 engine. we qualified to race in 14 secs class.
- the 1st round of the race was against a Suzuki Maruti with mid-mounted engine and it was an easy win for the 205 Mi32.
- the 2nd round was against an Opel Kadett with C20LET turbo engine - a comfortable win again.
- the 3rd round was against a tuned Civic Type-R - another easy win, but father was a 10th of a second quicker than he should have so he broke into 13 secs class.
- after breaking into 13 secs class, the 1st round was against a Porsche 911 of some sort (40 years edition). i thought this was going to be very tight but the Porsche ate the dust! The crowd loved it and i was "going through the roof"!
- the 2nd round was against an old 7-series BMW with a tuned 3.5 turbo engine and dual Nitrous system. the BMW won and he was really lucky too - only .004 of a second faster and he would have broken into 12 secs class (which would leave us as a winner in this race).
1st round of qualifying - two cars, four engines :-D. the twin-engined Golf has yet again been the only car in 11 secs class, the previous day. 2nd round was against an Opel Corsa with mid-mounted tuned Audi 2.7 bi-turbo engine and Nitrous, winner of 12 secs class the previous day. we decided to qualify straight for the 13 secs class this time as we'd probably end up in 13 secs class sooner or later anyway.
the 1st round of racing was against a 282 bhp Honda Civic (the 13 secs class winner the preivous day), which wasn't too bad due to the fact that the 205 Mi32 had a nice lead in 1st and 2nd gear, until my father selected 5th instead of 3rd... :-(
that was the early end of the day two but still, we were very sattisfied with the car's performance (more than the driver's anyway ;-)) - it managed 13.192 secs ET on saturday (and i'm sure i've seen 12.8xx too, but that has been edited later?!).
anyway, we are planing to definitely break into 12's on the next race that should have taken place this weekend but it was postponed for 3 weeks due to bad weather.
you can see the full picture story (with 66 pics) on THIS PAGE.
video of 205 Mi32 @ 402SR Belgrade coming very soon!
and here's the story about our 3rd event of the season:
402 Street Race - Velika Gorica (CRO) - 16-17/Jun/07
this time we had driven the car onto the race (200 km's) .
- qualifications (only one run available) - against a tuned Honda Civic. we hadn't synchronised the clutches after the trip, so the result wasn't great, but we manually chose to compete in the 14 secs class.
- the first round of the race in 14 secs class was against a Fiat Coupe Turbo. unfortunately, my father made a huge tactical error - although he had a large lead, he completely misjudged the finish line so he let the throttle off way before the end of the race and hence bizzarely lost by 0.1 secs!
later during the day, the race was cancelled due to a storm (continued tomorrow morning) so we decided to head back home and come back in VG in the morning.
- in today's qualifications, we were lined up with a very fast RS4-engined Audi A4. we again opted to run in 14 secs class.
- the first round was against an Audi S3 and it was quite an easy win.
- the 2nd round was against a mk3 Golf VR6 Turbo. this was also going to be an easy win... but the first mechanical problem of this season happened - one of the guides for the rear shifter rod fell out and the introduced play in the linkage disabled the selection of the 3rd gear .
this was obviously a very bad race weekend for us and we didn't meet our expectations, but we'll have another chance soon...
you can see the full picture story (with 19 pics) on THIS PAGE.
video of 205 Mi32 @ 402SR Velika Gorica coming very soon!