I've just released, the bronze gear goes in the middle lol. I noticed from an earlier post, yours has a cover over the steering servo? Mine doesn't mention one either, but I have a feeling it's in the box somewhere.
Yea, there’s no mention of the cover anywhere I’ve seen but my B36 had one but the C24 didn’t come with one. I just made a strap of tin type metal over the servo to retain it, it sits where it sits if that makes sense, it can’t go in wrong.
Nearly finished, front indicators and mirrors to do, plus not quite convinced by the front axle setup in the manual. The bars seem arl ower, and one is way too short.
Should be 3 links with a panhard bar that attaches to the bottom of the servo carrier and the odd lug on the axle truss
And you're weathering is amazing! I haven't really touched mine in a little while, need to carry on building the extended tray on my second C44, and I'm looking at modifying the tray that sits above the servo under the bonnet to give more space to fit the V3 electronics and maybe even the battery?
The first one I made was a bit notchy to start with, but that's cleared fine after a little use. The second one takes some effort to make it roll, but that's still in build and I need to make a custom lengthened rear propshaft for it before that can be driven.
That was more or less my plan, get the second one to roll then thrash it about until it sorted itself out.
I'd say it's worth getting a tap to start the thread in the servo tray where the ball screws in. On both of mine you could see the plastic on the outside whitening as I was screwing them in. Put a starter tap in (think those balljoints are M3) and went again and no issues. Enough resistance that it won't unscrew, and didn't feel like if I screwed it in all the way it would snap off!
Bedtat done for now, in my old parts part, I had a wooden barrel, which I painted and highlighted like a plastic water barrel. And also an unknown part of an engine which was in that awful plastic chrome effect. I painted this black, then dry brushed with two shades of metallic.
I might make some more of the small pallets just to stack maybe. I just need some scale ropes now to tie it all down!