Here's my beloved 1972 rover p6 2000tc, which I've been working on slowly for the past five years. It has been dry stored in a barn since 1980, and was in relatively good condition, except the engine was seized and in pieces. On stripping it down, there were few problems, only lack of time and space, and other projects keep on coming and going, but I'm slowly getting there. I've replaced the original engine with another 2000tc lump, but I've been tempted by the dark side into fitting a 4 litre rover v8 with a wade blower sticking out the bonnet. Here it is being mocked up on a spare v8 block.
So far I've done the majority of the welding on the sills and put a base coat of blue on most of the panels.
Some of the modifications I've done so far is fit the 4 pin 3.08 ratio diff from a 3500s, along with the front discs and calipers from the same car.
Along with fitting the new engine, I've replaced the original 4 speed box with a 5 speed from an sd1, mostly in readiness for the v8 conversion.
The exhaust is a straight through system with a y-piece ahead of the rear axle leading to twin cherrybombs either side.
Most of the work over the last winter was on converting the original 2000 spec front end to 3500 spec.
The front inner wing has been reshaped to move the brake servo into the wheel arch and the clutch master cylinder has been moved to mount upright against the heater.
I've got loads more work to do to it, but hopefully it'll be done sooner than later, even if its work-in-progress on the road.