I have for you an actual update!! this brings us up to last weekend.
So here she is looking very sorry for herself not having been touched for some time - shame on me i know.
However all of my previous work looks ok still
To get the ball rolling i stripped the front struts off the hub carriers
the end result ready for some cleaning
that sorted i moved back to the car, jacking it up a bit to have a poke around
remember this!! Its the main reason i was going to go with the saloon arches as it really needs a quarter given the amount of rust and damage to the arch (the damage goes up past the area a normal repair panel would cover)
having never investigated this cr@p properly i decided attack it with the grinder, now i kew the filler was thick but ffs!
once it was ground back you can see the arch has been beaten back all the way to the crease of the arch 3ugger!
The whole area was like a winter wonderland!
Looking to investigate further i decided to remove the sill - spot welds uncovered
Then i cut a small chunk out knowing there was a support between the sill and the body in there somewere
there it is down there
Little did i know not that i was too surprised it was rotten as fook anyway!
so i chopped some more away to see how bad it was
Mmmm another hole in a stupid place to get to
some more chopping
looking sh1t - i could really do with getting in there to repair it properly, i will have to have a think as to what to do.
As it was getting dark i moved inside to get on with some turrets - some steel i bent earlier